- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Memphis, TN
Salary: $35,000 - $40,000 plus competitive benefits
The Memphis Medical District Collaborative (MMDC) seeks a qualified Program Associate to join our team working to make the Medical District more vibrant, prosperous, and equitable. The Program Associate will support two program portfolios at MMDC: Quality Public Realm and Communications & Engagement.
MMDC’s Quality Public Realm team is responsible for streetscape improvements and maintenance, public space enhancements and management, and placemaking. Qualified applicants will have:
- A deep understanding of, and passion for, urban planning principles and practices;
- Experience with community / neighborhood engagement and planning, such as focus groups, charrette planning, small area planning, or comprehensive planning;
- Excel at project and team organization;
- Possess a love for field work; and
- A keen eye for detail.
MMDC’s Communications & Engagement team is responsible for community engagement, space activation, and telling the District’s story. Qualified applicants will have:
- A demonstrated interest in and commitment to community engagement in the community development process;
- Strong relationship-building skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - including public speaking; and
- A passion for social, economic, and/or civic issues.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree and 1-3 years of relevant experience in placemaking and community engagement. They will be data-driven, people-focused, and have a positive, open, creative, and flexible attitude. And they will be committed to the regeneration of urban neighborhoods and committed to working closely with our network of medical and educational anchor institutions, advisors, local businesses, community leaders, and residents to achieve MMDC’s mission.
How to Apply
For more information, please visit our website: https://www.mdcollaborative.org/careers