- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Pearland, TX
Closing: August 11, 2021
The purpose of this job within the organization is to coordinate the creation of City recognized subdivisions within the City limits and the City's Extra Territorial Jurisdiction. This job works independently, under limited supervision, reporting major activities through periodic meetings.
- Prepares and presents oral and technical reports to elected and appointed City officials.
- Compiles and analyzes date to prepare graphic and narrative reports on data.
- Attends a number of evening and weekend meetings.
- Confers with local authorities and design professionals to devise and recommend arrangements of land and physical facilities to promote community and economic development.
- Process plat applications and conducts property ownership research; assists customers with platting questions.
- Collects statistical data and prepares reports and maps on topics such as land use and tax data base.
- Performs complex research regarding property ownership and zoning classifications using the mapping software, maps, surveys and legal descriptions.
- Conducts necessary fieldwork such as photographic documentation, windshield surveys, and other planning related functions.
- Provides assistance and interpretations with land use controls and other applicable ordinances.
- Responds to City departments and external customers regarding departmental data and requirements.
- Recommends governmental measures affecting land use, public utilities, community facilities, and housing and transportation to control and guide community development and renewal.
- Reviews and evaluates environmental impact reports applying to specified private and public planning projects and programs.
- Writes, or assists in writing, a variety of ordinances and regulations relating to development controls.
- Reviews building permit and site plan applications for compliance with applicable regulations.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires a Master's Degree in regional and city planning or closely related field.
- Requires two years planning or closely related experience.
Special Certifications and Licenses
American Institute of Certified Planners
How to Apply
Apply online at https://pearland.applicantpro.com/jobs/1907534.html