- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Washington, DC
Torti Gallas + Partners (TG+P) is committed to making a better world. We are a team of architecture and planning professionals, with a passion for urbanism and a commitment to sustainability, healthy communities and social equity. We are also committed to the principles of New Urbanism as outlined in the Charter of the CNU. We work at a range of scales, from the Region to the Block, and with a variety of Client types, both public and private. Our placemaking efforts range from TODs and other mixed-use neighborhoods and town centers, to residential communities of choice that include both affordable market rate and mixed-income housing. Please visit our web site to learn more about us at www.tortigallas.com
We are seeking an innovative and ambitious individual for either our office in Downtown Los Angeles or in our newly renovated office space in Washington, DC with at least seven years of experience as an Urban Designer. The ideal candidate will: thrive on collaboration, with TG+P teammates, consultants, clients, and community stakeholders; demonstrate experience in creating urban and architectural Design Guidelines, Form-Based Codes, and/or Pattern Books; exhibit familiarity and applicability of a range of urban and residential building typologies and construction technologies; and have assisted in leading Community Workshops, Design Charrettes, and/or other Participatory Planning efforts.
Responsibilities will include: urban design, project management, client engagement and consultant coordination, code research and issues, and assisting the Principal-in-Charge in the development of Master Plans, Specific Plans, and other similar documents.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be able to work with a team from project inception to completion
- Be knowledgeable of a range of domestic and international precedents that might be applicable in different situations
- Attend and work on charrettes, which may involve travel for up to a week at a time
- Prepare, control and manage the deliverables of the project for final review by the Principal-in- Charge, and follow through on deliverables
- Communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation
- Multi-task and establish priorities
- Be proficient in GIS programs, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, SketchUp, and MS Office. Facility with Revit and Lumion is a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Planning from an accredited university is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience, excellent medical benefits, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave.
How to Apply
If interested, e-mail your resume, portfolio and a cover letter describing what interests you about working with Torti Gallas to Laurie Milligan, firstname.lastname@example.org