- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Salary: $74,495 - $122,070 (Dependent on Qualifications)
The Redevelopment Officer is tasked with planning, managing, and overseeing the development of neighborhoods, businesses, cultural resources, and other agencies in the inner-city corridor area. Promote redevelopment of targeted neighborhoods for the benefit of residents, businesses, and visitors.
- Assist department in developing, maintaining, and updating service delivery methods, service level agreements, policies and procedures, and long-term and short-term goals.
- Develop, promote, and explain department programs, policies and development activities.
- Research market studies of population growth in targeted areas and maintain current knowledge in the industry of development and redevelopment.
- Liaison between department, other City departments and external stakeholders such as elected officials, constituents, businesses, and agencies.
- Review ordinances and contracts as needed.
- Coordinate, prepare and present reports and recommendations. Compose correspondence and represent the department at meetings and conferences.
- Represent the City by attending meetings with organizations, boards, commissions, and agencies involved in redevelopment.
- Attend City Council meetings and take required actions regarding Council agenda items.
- Coordinate with staff regarding staff selection and oversight of any personnel issues pursuant to City of Corpus Christi policies and procedures.
- Requires frequent interaction with staff, residents, visitors, and businesses.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional experience related to commercial, retail and residential development, redevelopment and business retention.
- A combination of education and pertinent experience may be considered
- A valid driver's license is required. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 90 days of hire
The City offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Texas Municipal Retirement System – TMRS is a required retirement plan for all full-time employees. Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City will match employee contributions 2 to 1 during retirement.
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation – 88+ hours per year
- Personal leave – 40 hours per year
- Sick leave – 96 hours per year
- Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
- Eight (8) Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
- Learning & Development Academy
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre- employment drug test.
- Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
- In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://ccjobs.cctexas.com/ltmprod/CandidateSelfService/lm?_ln=JobSearchResults&_r=9&bto=JobPosting&dataarea=ltmprod&name=PostingDisplay&service=form&webappname=CandidateSelfService&HROrganization=1&JobRequisition=6370&JobPosting=1