- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Tampa, FL
Parking Planning Coordinator
Salary: $51,188.80 - $76,585.60/year
Nature of Work
An employee in this class is responsible for tasks of considerable difficulty involving parking/mobility planning and project assignments, which may include project development, parking/mobility planning program development and oversight, and coordination with other City departments, external agencies, other stakeholders, and the public. Under direction, the employee is required to exercise considerable initiative and independent judgment in selecting work methods and formulating sound recommendations. This position requires a moderate degree of technical knowledge in project planning, and project prioritization. Work is reviewed through conferences, reports submitted, and results obtained.
Examples of Duties
- Coordinates parking/mobility elements of the City’s Comprehensive Mobility Plan, including monitoring of plan elements and periodic evaluation and appraisal of the Plan with subsequent major updates and amendments; coordinates parking/mobility elements of the City’s Municipal Code, including periodic evaluation and appraisal of the Code with subsequent major updates and amendments.
- Assists with the preparation and maintenance of the Citywide Mobility Master Plan, identifying priorities and applying quantitative and qualitative assessments of strategies; develops and coordinates the implementation of strategic initiatives, including program development, evaluation, coordination, fiscal analysis, and monitoring.
- On a project basis, oversees and coordinates with staff in parking/mobility planning projects, such as commercial and neighborhood area wide parking/mobility plans; and assisting with development of conceptual plans.
- Coordinates and reviews development of short-range and long-range parking/mobility plans in conjunction with municipal officials.
- Participates in planning, directing, and overseeing the activities related to: searching for, identifying and analyzing parking/mobility grant opportunities.
- Serves as liaison with other governmental officials, agencies, and neighborhood associations to coordinate parking/mobility planning efforts and to develop and maintain funding sources; prepares reports and correspondence; replies to parking/mobility related inquiries from the general public and from governmental agencies on policy, petitions, ordinances; coordinates present and future needs of the department with other agencies and stakeholders; documents and tracks parking/mobility programs and projects for internal and external reporting.
- Prepares and distributes key program and project messaging; coordinates and maintains program and project website content; oversees production and distribution of department quarterly reports and newsletters. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of: parking operations; parking database maintenance and management; operation and capabilities of related software; and system upgrades and testing.
- Skill in: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to: operate a lightweight motor vehicle, compile and analyze data; establish and maintain effective working relations with vendors, employees, supervisors, and managers.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, or a related field and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in parking operations; OR an associate’s degree in public or business administration, or related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in parking operations.
Licenses or Certifications
Possession of a valid driver’s license is required.
Employees may be required to work rotating shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed. During periods when the Mayor issues an emergency declaration for the City of Tampa, all employees may be required to work in preparation, response or recovery activities related to the stated emergency.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://jobapscloud.com/Tampa/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=210609&R2=401370&R3=001