- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: Charlotte, NC
Director of Planning & Development
Closing: Friday, 23 July 2021
Charlotte Center City Partners (CCCP) seeks a Director of Planning & Development to support the organization’s mission to boldly envision and activate strategies and actions that will assure Charlotte Center City is a welcoming and equitable, economically vibrant, culturally rich and beloved place for all. The CCCP Director of Planning & Development will be an experienced and professional individual with experience in the fields of Urban Design, City Planning, Placemaking, and Development. This background and related education will serve as the foundation to help guide, create and complete initiatives necessary to continue to grow a memorable, sustainable and inclusive place. The Director collaborates with and strengthens relationships with partner organizations and stakeholders.
The Director will serve as a project manager and work directly with the Chief Planning & Development Officer to support the overall mission of Charlotte Center City Partners through the production of plans, reports and projects including but not exclusive of the following:
- Center City 2040 Vision Plan – implementation of recommendations to achieve the plan’s vision and goals. Center City 2040 Vision Plan (allin2040.com)
- South End Vision Plan – implementation of recommendations to achieve the plan’s vision and goals. South End Vision Plan | South End Charlotte, NC (southendclt.org)
- Development – create and maintain relationships with government partners, developers and stakeholders; participate in the implementation of the South End Strategic Plan, Uptown plans, reports and initiatives, and retail strategies
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience working in the fields of Urban Design and/or City Planning
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban design and/or planning or related field is preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in project management, community engagement, placemaking, visual presentation and graphic design
- Authentic commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Team-oriented, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively toward common purpose
- A strong ability to think strategically while being extremely responsive
- Familiarity with the public policy process
- Experience using GIS, Microsoft products and Adobe Suite are strongly preferred including, but not limited to, PowerPoint, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is commensurate on candidate’s qualifications. CCCP offers a generous benefit package including health, dental, short, long-term and life insurance with a flexible spending option, subsidized YMCA membership and a 401K retirement program.
Who We Are
Charlotte Center City Partners is a 501(c)4 nonprofit organization that boldly envisions and activates strategies and actions that will assure Charlotte Center City is a welcoming and equitable, economically vibrant, culturally rich, and beloved place for all. Charlotte Center City Partners believes in the value of urban places, acting with integrity, the power of diversity and collaboration, and approaching all we do with passion, innovation, tenacity, and excellence.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply at indeed.com