- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Location: Missoula, MT
Salary: $79,064.96 to $117,929.76 DOE
Closing: 05/15/21 11:59p
About Our Job
The Missoula Redevelopment Agency (MRA) seeks an exceptionally talented Deputy Director to promote and manage the redevelopment of Missoula’s urban renewal districts, coordinate policy development, and provide senior-level management while promoting mentorship and exchange of experience and knowledge to future leaders of our organization. For more information, please visit the MRA website.
Core duties and responsibilities to include:
- Management of complex private and public redevelopment projects
- Assistance with preparation of Agency budget and Capital Improvements Program
- Lead role in setting priority projects to support collaboration and innovative strategies for MRA.
- Report regularly to the MRA Board, the City Council, and community events
- Promote social equity through policy and decision -making to lead in the creation and expansion of Urban Renewal Districts
Our Commitment to Diversity:
The City of Missoula is committed to cultivating, fostering, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political ideas, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, urban studies, community development, land use planning, or a directly related degree.
- Five years of professional experience in the areas of community or economic development experience, with at least three years of project management experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability to perform the work.
- Knowledge of Montana Code Annotated and federal statutes on Urban Renewal, Tax Increment Financing, Municipal Contracting, and the ability to interpret and explain.
- Knowledge of development principles and complex redevelopment project techniques, including development agreement, contract development, and financing methods.
- Strong skill in problem-solving and decision making coupled with the ability to communicate outcomes to varied audiences.
- Strong knowledge of development agreements, contracts, zoning, easements, and deeds
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a variety of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Experience in general construction techniques, methods, tools, plan surveys, and architectural and engineering drawings
- Experience in preparation of legal documents for review by attorneys
- Comfort with remediation methods and alternatives along with relevant environmental constraints
Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software
Benefits of Working for the City of Missoula
Working here will give you the ability to be part of delivering services to our community and our businesses. Together, we redefine how government works and invite you to join, develop, and transform our community. We are committed to enhancing the opportunity and quality of life for everyone we serve and share a commitment across departments for equity and social justice as an ongoing practice to measure effectiveness.
Missoula is the second-largest city in Montana. Our city is a cultural gem surrounded by natural beauty. Missoula enjoys the benefits of an engaged and educated community with exceptional public schools and the home of the University of Montana.
We also offer:
- An outstanding benefits package including $0 premium coverage for employees and affordable premiums for family coverage, generous accrued leave packages, and a pension plan.
- A healthy work/life balance by offering flexible schedules and telework options for many positions.
- Growth and development opportunities.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion by fostering an inclusive environment that encourages all employees to bring their authentic selves to work.
The position is open to the public. All applicants must submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and a completed City of Missoula Application to be considered. Written materials will be evaluated during application screening. The most competitive candidates will be invited to interview.
Private Career Portal Link: https://mt-missoula.civicplushrms.com/PrivateCareerPortal/JobDetail.aspx?RequisitionId=76369&SourceId=618