- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Support CNU
- Public Square
Location: San Antonio, TX
Center City Development & Operations Administrator (Real Estate Administrator)
Salary: $39.18 - $66.61 Hourly, $81,500.12 - $138,550.10 Annually
Closing: 03/07/21 11:59 PM
Under general direction, is responsible for providing overall leadership in organizing, planning, implementation, evaluation, and performance of administrative level work supervising the Real Estate and Leasing Divisions of the Center City Development and Operations Department. Working conditions are in an office environment. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff. This position is an "unclassified" position and has no disciplinary appeal rights to the Municipal Civil Service Commission. This position is likewise subject to at-will employment status and can be terminated at any time for any reason.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directs, manages, and oversees administrative operations for the Real Estate and Leasing Divisions, including interpreting, formulating, and implementing policies and procedures.
- Manages staff that provides oversight to City owned and leased facilities.
- Negotiates leases and sale of City property.
- Reviews property appraisals and acquisition procedures.
- Conducts inspections of property with staff and determines recommended acquisition and or disposition.
- Reviews and prepares various real estate instruments used by the City.
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of goals and objectives; establishes schedules and methods for providing effective services.
- Establishes and implements citywide contract compliance practices and procedures.
- Formulates and manages financial performance of the division and sets operational and financial goals.
- Coordinates activities with other City departments, City advisory commissions, state and federal agencies, cultural community, visitor industry, arts organizations, business representatives, public officials, and other interested parties.
- Prepares and makes presentations to public committees, City Commissions and community groups.
- Represents the Department at local, state and national organizations and at professional activities to maintain the image of the Department and to create public support for Department programs.
- Interviews, selects, supervises, develops, evaluates, counsels, and if necessary, disciplines personnel according to established COSA policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Oversees the negotiation of contracts with vendors and service providers.
- Oversees special projects to ensure delivery on time, within pre-established budget and of superior quality.
- Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience administering or managing programs and services for a large organization with experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Two (2) years of supervisory responsibility.
- This position requires a valid Class "C" Texas Driver's License OR valid driver's license from another state with the ability to obtain a valid Class "C" Texas Driver's License within 30 days of becoming a Texas resident. Use of your own personal vehicle may at time be required and proof of Liability Insurance will be required.
- If selected for this position, official transcripts, diplomas, certifications and licenses must be submitted at the time of processing. Unofficial transcripts and copies of other relevant documents may be attached to the application for consideration in advance.
- Please be advised that if selected for this position, information regarding employment history as it relates to the qualifications of the position will be needed for employment verification. Applicants claiming military service to meet the experience requirement for this position may attach a DD214 to the application.
- Unless otherwise stated, applicants are permitted to substitute two years of related full-time experience for one year of higher education or one year of related higher education for two years of experience in order to meet the minimum requirements of the job. One year of full-time experience is defined as 30 or more hours worked per week for 12 months. One year of higher education is defined as 30 credit hours completed at an accredited college or university.
- Applicants selected for employment with the City of San Antonio in this position must receive satisfactory results from pre-employment drug testing and background checks. If required for the position, a physical, motor vehicle record evaluation, and additional background checks may be conducted.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of program and service administration, compliance and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies, and operational needs.
- Knowledge of advanced principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration.
- Knowledge of City Council mandates and municipal needs. Knowledge of laws pertaining to the acquisition and disposition of property.
- Knowledge of property values and the methods of appraising property.
- Knowledge of deed and tract restrictions, zoning ordinances, and all other real estate instruments.
- Ability to build relationships between public and private organizations.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, management and the general public.
- Ability to provide administrative and professional leadership and direction to subordinate staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Ability to conduct effective presentations before large and small groups.
- Ability to prepare and present clear and concise written reports, financial reports and proposals.
- Ability to render proper estimates on property damage and property appraisals.
- Ability to negotiate leasing terms, renewals and purchase options with tenants.
- Ability to perform all the physical, intellectual, and analytical requirements of the position including decision making.