- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Farr Associates is an architecture, planning, and urban design firm located in the historic Monadnock Building in Chicago, Illinois. We help visionaries create the most sustainable buildings and places, aiming to embolden leadership and accelerate change. We are growing and seeking a driven and passionate Architectural Designer. Projects in our studio focus on high-performance green buildings of all types including commercial, residential, institutional, and affordable housing in both new construction, preservation, and renovation contexts.
The chosen candidate will possess these traits:
- Passion for sustainable, socially-equitable, economically-viable design.
- Smart, strategic, highly organized, self-starter, who shares the firm’s vision.
- Great communication, writing, and editing skills.
- Excellent presentation preparation skills with strong graphic sensibilities.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in an architecture firm.
- Licensed or in the process of pursuing licensure strongly encouraged.
- LEED Green Associate; Required within one year of employment
- Familiarity with green building certification standards: LEED, PHIUS, Living Building Challenge, WELL, etc.
- Proficiency in Revit required. Expectation to work on production of drawing sets and specifications.
- Proficiency in all Adobe Creative Suite applications required.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Construction Administration experience preferred.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
If interested, please email resume, cover letter, and sample portfolio as a single PDF (one document, all other submissions will not be considered) less than 15MB to: email@example.com with “Architectural Designer Application” in the subject line. Links to web-based documents also accepted.
No calls please or unscheduled office visits.