- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Location: Baltimore, MA
About Our People
Excellent design can’t happen without exceptional people. This value continues to guide our growth. We hire talented people, inspire them with work that they love, and build a team that becomes a family. Take a few moments to get to know us. As we have spread out across the country–we’ve become an interesting bunch! www.hcm2.com
About Our Search
We are nationally recognized for creating environments that enrich the lives of residents, allowing them to age with vibrancy and dignity. We aim to enhance the communities in which our projects are located, and our passion is to support lifelong learning; and promote physical, social and environmental wellness; and build enduring relationships with our clients. HCM is seeking an Architect/Planner to join our growing planning studio in the Baltimore office. Our current list of projects includes community master plans, urban design, development feasibility studies, development entitlements and suburban retrofit/repositioning studies. The planner/ architect position includes carrying out the preparation of planning documents and feasibility studies. Additional responsibilities may lead into client and project management.
About the Position
- Designs and manages planning and urban design projects in the Baltimore office, using creative thinking abilities and contributing to firm wide design excellence and problem solving.
- Develops, modifies and reviews drawings for planning and urban design projects, with an understanding of the relationship between design and feasibility.
- Strong understanding of the conceptual design of various building types including multi-family housing, retail and office.
- Strong conceptual site planning skills.
- Participates in managing client relationships.
- Implements quality control procedures to assure documents and design standards are met, and that regional and jurisdictional planning and site design requirements are addressed.
- Participates in public and client presentations.
- Actively promotes collaborative and innovative culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture preferred, with 0 to 5 years of experience. Master’s degree in landscape architecture, architecture, or urban design will be a plus.
- State of Maryland licensure in architecture or on-track for licensure preferred.
- LEED AP or GA will be a plus.
- Strong commitment to the principles of the New Urbanism.
- Strong graphic skills and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Lumion and SketchUp graphic software.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit BIM software.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent collaboration and team work skills.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines..
About Our Culture
Creative. Entrepreneurial. Responsible. Sensitive. We work hard and play hard with the goal of achieving something special for all involved. We don’t over plan, we look for opportunities. We’re flexible, and we care about helping people to realize their potential. Think of our website as our formal living room, which showcases our work, people and knowledge.