- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Tuesday, October 1, 2019
Location: Haddam, CT
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATION/PROPOSALS
Higganum Center Study
Three (3) days of intensive Public Planning Workshops
Town of Haddam, CT
The Town of Haddam will be conducting intensive public participation planning workshops for Higganum Center with an area of approximately 55 acres within the Town of Haddam. The study area is at the intersection of CT RT 154 (6,000 ADT) and CT RT 81 (4,600 ADT) and is the most prominent gateway into the town.
Funding is being provided by the CT State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) and the Community Investment Act. Where applicable recommendations shall adhere to the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
The Town is soliciting statements of qualifications and proposals from teams of professional planning, architecture, landscape architecture and urban design consulting firms to facilitate public workshops and provide preliminary planning and design services based on input from the public workshops.
Ideally the workshops will occur towards the end of October. Potential dates are as follows:
- October 24th or 25th or November 1st, 2019 – 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Strengths, Weaknesses,Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) Workshop
- Saturday, October 26th, or November 2nd, 2019 9:00 AM – 1: 00 PM Site Walks/Design/Model Building Workshop
- Facilitate and lead large public planning workshops to insure efficient and productive use of time;
- Act as “educator and facilitator” during break-out sessions and walking tours of the study area with discussions regarding the elements of good urban design;
- Prepare final report of public planning workshops;
- Provide up to 3 concept plans for portions of the study area most susceptible to change based on public input;
- Provide preliminary architectural renderings of recommended streetscapes, building facades, public amenities etc.
Deliverables shall be of a quality and comprehensive enough to allow a future planning/architecture/landscape architecture/ urban design firm to take the information and prepare detailed designs which are reflective of the desires revealed during the public planning workshops.
A final scope of services and fee shall be negotiated with the selected firm.
Selection will be based on an evaluation of factors including 1.) background of firms involved; 2.) planning and urban design experience, 3.) ability to lead and facilitate public workshops with anticipated attendance in excess of one-hundred members of the public, 4.) previous experience with intensive public participation workshops and charrettes.
Consultants shall submit:
- A statement regarding the teams general approach to the project.
- Information regarding the overall experience of the team and their experience with large public planning workshops / charrettes.
- Resumes of the proposed members of the team who will be committed to the project.
- Up to 3 specific examples of projects they have undertaken that demonstrate their qualifications for this project.
- Three references from public sector/institutional clients.
- Affirmative Action Experience, Summary & Affirmative Action Policy Statement & Plan
- An initial lump sum fee proposal. Place fee proposal in a separate sealed envelope.
Prior to the commencement of performance, the successful firm / joint venture shall furnish to the Town of Haddam a certificate of insurance for workers' compensation and professional liability, (errors and omissions) with limits of not less than $1,000,000.
Consultants interested in performing the professional services must submit six (6) copies of sealed proposals and one copy of a fee proposal(separate envelopes) on or before October 1st, 2019 at 12:00 NOON.
Questions shall be submitted via email to William Warner AICP, Town Planner @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- William Warner, Higganum Center Study
- Town of Haddam
- Land Use Office
- 30 Field Park Drive
- Haddam CT 06438