- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Location: Groveland, FL
Senior Planner – Development Review
This is a supervisory role that will work under the general direction of the Community Development Director and will undertake a variety of routine to complex technical and professional planning activities, including facilitating and supervising others in the development review process including annexations, comprehensive plan amendments, rezonings, site plan review, and coordination with other governmental entities involved in the development review process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises development review process including application tracking, annexations, comprehensive plan amendments, rezonings, site plan review, and providing information to the applicants, development review team, other governmental entities, the general public, and others.
- Supervises the review of site plans and other applications associated with the land use matters for compliance with community development code standards, and comprehensive plan and other jurisdictional agencies' requirements; serves as department liaison to the Development Review Committee (DRC) for the review process.
- Presents development applications to the Planning & Zoning Board for action.
- Meets with applicants and/or developers and conducts pre-application conferences for development projects.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the City's comprehensive plan.
- Assists in the preparation of community development code revisions.
- Conducts technical research studies and prepares statistical reports for use in drafting or revising local legislation and plans, projecting trends and monitoring socio-economic data.
- Provides technical and professional advice, and makes presentations to appointed planning boards or committees.
- Reviews proposed zoning and comprehensive plan amendments; prepares analyses and makes appropriate recommendations and attends necessary meetings.
- Reviews policies related to transportation planning, school planning and affordable housing and attends necessary meetings.
- Monitors conditions of development approvals for compliance.
- Coordinates assigned projects and activities with other City departments, government agencies and private agencies as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of planning.
- Considerable knowledge of laws and regulations relating to planning.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical documents such as site plans, property descriptions, plats, and topographic maps.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently in a variety of technical and/or professional languages including urban planning, architecture, landscaping, engineering, etc.
- Has considerable knowledge of the functions and interrelationships of the City and other governmental agencies.
- Has the ability to assimilate both technical and theoretical concepts from many diverse disciplines and apply the knowledge in creative and intuitive ways to solve unique problems.
- Is able to coordinate activities with other City departments in order to accomplish goals and complete projects.
- Has the ability to use independent judgment in routine as well as non-routine situations.
- Is able to work under moderately stressful conditions related to balancing multiple projects within the constraints of time available, personnel capabilities, financial resources, and political considerations.
- Is able to react professionally at all times, dealing with sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of ESRI Arc View GIS software.
- Ability to establish working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Attendance is an essential function of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or closely related field.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in urban/community planning and development review process
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License required.
- AICP or CNU Accredited is preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
- Acceptable vision (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without correction)
- Involves limited inspection of development sites. (Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
To Apply, please visit: http://groveland-fl.gov/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=103&From=All&CommunityJobs=Fa...