- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Location: Groveland, FL
Senior Planner – Design and Visioning
This role will work under the general direction of the Community Development Director and will serve as project manager for all design and visioning related projects for the city including vision based regulatory documents, civic buildings and spaces, presentations, and other design related products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as project manager for all design and visioning related projects for the city, including tracking project's goals and objectives, timeline, milestones, tasks and deliverables.
- Prepares graphics and illustrations such as conceptual plans, site plans, hand sketches, 3D massing models, elevations, sections, or other products commonly associated with community design and visioning projects, including form based code.
- Coordinates meetings with stakeholders, special interest groups, homeowner associations, developers, and the general public.
- Prepares documentation or supporting materials for public meetings, including maps, diagrams, handouts, agendas, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Provides customer service to members of the public, officials, and the development community regarding regulations, policies, land development potential, administrative procedures and other planning-related matters.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the City's comprehensive plan.
- Assists in the preparation of community development code revisions.
- Provides technical and professional advice, and makes presentations to appointed planning boards or committees
- Coordinates assigned projects and activities with other City departments, government agencies and private agencies as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Ability to visualize and express complex planning and design concepts, taking in consideration site-specific conditions and constraints.
- Hand drafting / artistic skills, which may include traditional graphics and rendering techniques, digital paintings or renderings, or 3D modeling.
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) principles and applications. Experience with ESRI's ArcGIS and GIS-based spatial analyses, research, mapping or modeling.
- Demonstrated experience with PowerPoint, SketchUp, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AutoCAD, or other specialized software.
- Understanding of form-based codes, traditional neighborhood design (TND) principles, and transit-oriented development (TOD).
- Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of planning.
- Considerable knowledge of laws and regulations relating to planning.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical documents such as site plans, property descriptions, plats, and topographic maps.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently in a variety of technical and/or professional languages including urban planning, architecture, landscaping, engineering, etc.
- Has considerable knowledge of the functions and interrelationships of the City and other governmental agencies.
- Has the ability to assimilate both technical and theoretical concepts from many diverse disciplines and apply the knowledge in creative and intuitive ways to solve unique problems.
- Is able to coordinate activities with other City departments in order to accomplish goals and complete projects.
- Has the ability to use independent judgment in routine as well as non-routine situations.
- Is able to work under moderately stressful conditions related to balancing multiple projects within the constraints of time available, personnel capabilities, financial resources, and political considerations.
- Is able to react professionally at all times, dealing with sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to establish working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Attendance is an essential function of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, or closely related field.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in urban/community planning and with a design focus.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License required.
- CNU Accredited is preferred.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS
- Acceptable vision (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without correction)
- Involves limited inspection of development sites. (Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
To Apply, please visit: http://groveland-fl.gov/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=103&From=All&CommunityJobs=Fa...