- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Location:Sugar Land (Houston Metro Area), TX
- Level: Junior (1 – 3 years)
- Company / Agency: Kendig Keast Collaborative
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- AICP / RLA / ASLA / AIA: Desirable
Kendig Keast Collaborative (KKC) seeks to hire immediately a Design Associate for our community planning, land development regulations, and urban design practice. This individual will join a national consulting firm with over 35 years of successful client interaction. We seek candidates who have the background and drive to assist in developing and communicating planning concepts through graphic and urban design, both digitally and by hand. The ideal candidate will have the graphic design skills necessary to produce attractive and engaging documents, including long-range plans, land development regulations, and other master plans and projects (e.g., corridors, downtowns/districts, parks and trails, etc.). Equally important, the ideal candidate will have the urban design background needed to read plan and regulatory document text and subsequently produce customized graphics related to topics such as building type, disposition, massing, and height; streetscapes and cross sections; and conceptual site design.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Urban Design, Planning, Architecture, or Landscape Architecture, with one to three years of professional work experience, including internships. Proficiency with the following applications is foundational to this position: MS Office; Adobe Creative Suite; and SketchUp. ArcGIS, Revit, and/or CAD experience and AICP, RLA, ASLA, or AIA designation (or tracking toward such designation) is desirable but not essential.
Specific duties, generally in order of importance and amount of time spent, include:
- Formatting, illustrating, organizing and packaging plan and regulatory documents;
- Developing planning-related illustrations;
- Maintaining great relationships with other staff members and clients with clear and timely communication;
- Assisting with crafting planning recommendations and regulatory provisions that promote enhanced urban design;
- Participating in business development activities (proposals, teaming, interviews, etc.).
- Producing infographic-style posters for public presentations;
- Providing design input and support for the firm’s website; and
- Traveling to client jurisdictions periodically, as needed.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume highlighting your directly related experience, education and skills along with a portfolio. Please include a detailed cover letter outlining your knowledge of and interest in KKC; availability to relocate to the Houston metropolitan area; availability to travel; and what you can offer our firm. Email communication (with attached files and/or links to online portfolios) is preferred.