- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Friday, September 6, 2019
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Project Manager/ Senior Project Manager
- Blueprint Intergovernmental Agency
- Tallahassee-Leon County Office of Economic Vitality
- Salary: $40,684.80 – $105,019.20/annually
- Project Manager (Blueprint) Hiring Rate will generally not exceed $74,838.40/annually
- Sr. Project Manager (Blueprint) Hiring Rate will generally not exceed $86,361.60/annually
Blueprint Intergovernmental Agency is seeking qualified project managers to join its team. The Blueprint Intergovernmental Agency is a unique, joint City of Tallahassee-Leon County Agency responsible for planning, designing, and constructing community-enhancing projects funded by a local option one cent sales tax. Blueprint project managers, engineers, and planners work together to preserve, protect, and enhance the community’s quality of life through the implementation of holistic and coordinated transportation, water quality, environmental and green space projects. The Blueprint program began in 2000, and it is now entering its second iteration of voter approval. The workload encompassed by this second iteration is a series of 27 varied projects, which have been programmed for completion within the next 20 years with an approximate value of $750,000,000. The upcoming projects include parks (Lake Lafayette and St. Marks Regional, Market Square, and the Northeast Park); walking and cycling trails and trail networks though environmentally sensitive areas such as alongside our canopy roads (Greenways Master Plan and Bike Route Network projects); roadway projects providing picturesque arteries into and throughout the City of Tallahassee and relieving congestion (Northeast Gateway and Airport Gateway projects among many more), water quality enhancement and flood stage alleviation projects (Capital Cascades Trail Segment 4) and placemaking projects providing wide sidewalks and plaza and park-like amenities to activate epicenters of the City (Midtown, the Fairgrounds, and along portions of Orange Avenue). For more information regarding Blueprint’s upcoming projects, please visit http://www.leonpenny.org/.
To support the Work Program, Blueprint intends to hire Senior and Junior Project Managers to join the Agency team. Blueprint anticipates that one of the PM hires to be a self-motivated and knowledgeable individual in the area of bicycle facilities and greenway trail design. Blueprint anticipates spending over $1.25M per year on bicycle facility and greenway trail projects (design & construction) and would like to capture in-house expertise as these projects are realized. Duties for all project managers include tasking and directing project team members, representing Blueprint at project meetings, and communicating with citizens. Blueprint project work requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to represent Blueprint to its managing Intergovernmental Agency Board and oversight committees through written report and oral presentation. Project managers are also expected to manage project contracts and consultants while protecting the integrity of the project’s schedule and budget throughout the project’s duration. Project managers will also work closely with Blueprint project planners to ensure that the vision for the project, as established in collaboration with the community, comes to fruition in design and construction.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Blueprint Project Manager
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, urban planning or a related field and two years of professional experience that includes a combination of public works, transportation engineering or planning, roadway design projects, construction contract admiration, stormwater treatment facility design projects, trail design, or park design; or an equivalent combination or training and experience. A master's degree may be supplemented for one year of experience.
- Senior Blueprint Project Manager
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, urban planning or a related field and five years of verifiable professional project management experience that includes a combination of public works, transportation engineering or planning, management of roadway design projects, management of stormwater treatment facility design projects, management of municipal construction projects, trail design, or park design; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A master's degree may be supplemented for one year of experience.
- Necessary Special Requirement
- Must possess a valid Class E State driver’s license at the time of appointment.
Must submit a City of Tallahassee application by date designated above. Visit http://www.talgov.com. Please follow application instructions precisely. TDD Number: 711.