- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Stantec Consulting - Infrastructure - Urban Places
Location: Charlotte, NC
Senior Urban Designer - Project Manager
Do you have a passion for great walkable urbanism? Do you love design and urban policy? Are you managing projects and teams today or are ready to take on the challenge? Would you love to call the Carolinas home (if you don't already) but work all over North America? If you answered yes, then you might be the perfect person to join the Urban Places team in our Charlotte office. ( www.stantec.com/our- work/sectors/community-development/urban-places.html ) Stantec’s Urban Places (UP) is an interdisciplinary specialized practice within a global consulting firm, offering opportunities to be involved in a variety of planning and urban design projects and collaborate with Stantec’s leading experts in a variety of fields.
Our plans create places, networks and infrastructure that connect people to place, to prosperity, and to each other. Urban Places’ planners and designers lead transformational planning and design projects in urban and urbanizing places across North America. The members of UP have won dozens of planning and urban design awards for work ranging from downtown and district plans to community-wide and regional plans. We work closely with our colleagues across Stantec in architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, real estate, transportation, environmental science, and other disciplines to provide plans that are both visionary and feasible, driven by data and grounded in market realities.
Your OpportunityStantec’s Urban Places continues to grow in Charlotte, NC. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, multi-disciplinary planning professional who is passionate about creating walkable, urban places with expertise in urban design and community planning and experience managing project teams and design studios. Top candidates will have excellent graphic communications skills, superior writing capabilities, be highly organized, have a strong public presence, and a clear understanding of the relationship between urban analytics, design, and economics. The candidate should be able to manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, speak well in front of clients and the public, and have excellent writing skills. The Charlotte office is an energetic and diverse environment home to many design professionals, including engineers, transportation designers, planners, and environmental specialists among others. Using a ‘one team’ approach on the delivery of projects and collaboration with others provides excellent opportunities for professional growth and learning.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive experience with public engagement including week-long public design charrettes.
- Proven leadership skills as a part of a team.
- Strong, sophisticated writing skills and excellent public presence in front of small groups and large audiences alike.
- Proven experience in building rapport and trust with key clients, business leaders, and team members
- Ability to travel as required. Our work is across North America.
- Full competency with Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Microsoft Office. CAD and/or ArcGIS proficiency is a plus.
- Candidate’s work experience should demonstrate appropriate level of responsibility, work group leadership skills, understanding of the long-term view in building client relationships, superior customer service and communication skills both written and graphic.
- Desire and the ability to contribute on multiple levels within the design process are critical.
- Demonstrated responsibility, maturity and commitment to a team driven environment are key advantages.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Urban Design is required. A Master’s degree in one of those fields is expected. At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in the Planning and Design Industry
Typical office environment working with computers. Some travel may be required (25%), such as delivering plans or documents to reviewing agencies or clients or to attend meetings. May occasionally visit study areas, construction sites and/or be exposed to outside elements and inclement weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.