- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Sunday, August 4, 2019
Location: Denver, CO
Neighborhood Planning and Implementation Manager - Community Planning and Development
About Position:The City and County of Denver’s Community Planning and Development Department (CPD) is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Planning Services work group as a full-time Neighborhood Planning and Implementation Manager.
Denver has built a national, and even international, reputation for visionary and strategic small area planning for Denver neighborhoods, corridors and station areas. With the launch of the Neighborhood Planning Initiative, we are now poised to establish clear, long range plans and effective implementation strategies for Denver neighborhoods. We need a creative, motivated and innovative professional to help evolve and execute a strategy, work program and team. This position will be responsible for growing, leading and supervising the Neighborhood Planning and Implementation Team for Planning Services within the Community Planning and Development Department.
At Community Planning and Development, we envision, enable and ensure a better Denver. Denver's Community Planning and Development Department is responsible for visionary city planning and ensuring that all buildings are safe. Community Planning and Development plays a role in growing our world-class city, while keeping its beloved features intact. From the skyscrapers of the Central Business District; to the walkable, mixed-use neighborhoods of Stapleton; to the charming Victorian effects of the Baker district, the staff at Community Planning and Development works to make Denver a great place to live, work and play. The department's three primary functions are planning, permitting and inspections. Learn more about how we're "BUILDING COMMUNITY" at www.DenverGov.org/CPD and www.DenverGov.org/DS.
Interested? At the City and County of Denver and CPD you can apply your expertise and contribute directly to the community. Please review the required qualifications and submit your application/resume for consideration visit www.denvergov/jobs
Some of the day to day responsibilities will include:
- Direct coordination with the Director of Planning Services to include the implementation of work plans based on division goals and the departmental strategic plan
- Direct management of a team of 10-12 professional planning staff including supporting their professional development, managing workload and schedules, performance evaluations and training
- Determine resource needs to accomplish work program objectives to inform budge decisions
- Coordinate with other Planning Services section team to ensure cross section collaboration and work program management
- Direct interaction with the Planning services Director to set work program and operational goals and strategies to advance our citywide planning and implementation policies
- Determine, prioritize and oversee the work program items in a manner that supports Denveright and other citywide planning and implementation activities
- Develop and track performance metrics that measure the success of our citywide work program
Please include a cover letter and resume in a single PDF with your application.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in City or Regional Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, Public Administrations
- Experience that demonstrates a multi-disciplinary approach to community and land use planning and development
- Five to eight years of professional level experience in community, city, regional, or transportation/infrastructure planning, development review, or housing and neighborhood revitalization
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively – verbally and in writing
- Efficiently demonstrates excellent time/work management skills
- Works well under pressure and able to multitask
- Problem solver that can envision various outcomes and plan accordingly to mitigate risky outcomes
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Self-motivated and motivated to help others
- Ability to work as part of a team to support both internal and external customers
- Dependable and can maintain confidentiality
Required Qualifications We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Architecture, Planning or related field based in a specific position(s).
- Experience: Three (3) years of supervisory experience. Positions with no subordinate supervisors require three (3) years of professional level experience rather than the three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Licensures / Certifications: Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- Equivalency: Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
About Everything Else
Job Profile CE2777 Manager: To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Salary Range $95,535.00 - $152,856.00
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.