- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Location: Cape Cod, MA
See complete job description at: https://www.barnstablecounty.org/jobs/chief-planner/
- Leads a team to develop and implement regional comprehensive plans and policies and provide technical assistance to towns developing and implementing local plans.
- Collaborates on community development, design, and implementation of economic development and strategic housing plans and programs and in the development of community engagement tools and decision support applications.
- Ability to manage a complex complement of services and functions; interpret complex technical and scientific information and translate for public officials and the general public to guide informed decision making.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary environment managing multiple projects and groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of public and private groups including elected officials.
- Knowledge of landscape architecture and architectural design desired.
- AICP certification desired.
- Requires superior communication, organization, public speaking and presentation skills, independent judgment and initiative.
- Master’s degree in planning, urban design, environmental science/design, or related field
- Ten years of experience in land-use planning, land use controls, public administration and management;
- Five or more years of experience should be in a supervisory role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Compensation Salary Range $81,511-$100,239/yr.
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line and submit one writing sample at: https://www.barnstablecounty.org/barnstable-county/employment-opportunities Position open until filled.