- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
City of Garland
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Location: Garland, Texas
Summary: Responsible for assisting in the implementation of economic development and reinvestment programs and projects including the facilitation of activities that advance community goals and objectives and help to attract investment that adds and/or retains jobs and/or tax base. Also responsible for providing entry-level, professional support in development-related research and analysis; planning and coordinating economic development recruitment and retention programming, projects and activities; as well as assisting with departmental planning, work plan development and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with economic development programs, projects and activities including development and project–based research, data analysis and management, mapping, etc.
- Participate in the preparation of reports, presentations and publications. Frequently uses spreadsheet, mapping and database applications to help facilitate presentations and sophisticated data analysis.
- Provide technical analysis and packaging of local, State and national real estate market trends, including spatial analysis through GIS and various other data analysis platforms.
- Conduct research on the availability and furtherance of existing investment opportunities, programs and projects and services.
- Assist with retail, commercial, industrial and tourism-related development programs, projects and activities for the community.
- Serve as the primary staff contact in maintaining the Department’s website presence and implements various updates as required.
- Assist with the development and distribution of community and departmental marketing and promotional materials.
- Use photographic equipment to assess, document and catalog ongoing projects and for use in website and presentation applications.
- Assist in the development and implementation of plans, programs and strategies to recruit, retain and develop retail, commercial, industrial, tourism and other industry special investment.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders for the implementation of collaborative program efforts and activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economic Development, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Finance, Geography or a related field
- 2 years related experience
- Strong interest in economic development tools, practices and processes
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Master’s Degree (or significant progress in an applicable Master’s Degree program) in Economic Development, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Finance, Geography or a related field
- Some reasonable experience in Economic Development, Urban Planning, Public Administration or equivalent
- Experience with Web Design content and maintenance
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems and/or Mapping
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of Federal and State grant administration including reporting, file management and program evaluation
- Basic knowledge of development tools, practices and processes
- Excellent communication skills, including electronic, web-based and social networking media
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships, build support among stakeholders, listen and provide assistance
- Analytic skills including market and demographic analysis of both residential and commercial real estate products and/or financial analysis
- Skill with spatial analysis (GIS), mapping and spreadsheets
- Ability to manage projects and processes that rely on the active participation of internal and external stakeholders
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid Class C Texas Driver's License
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: The incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. The incumbent must be able to hear and speak effectively to communicate by phone and in person. Also, must have visual acuity to read documents and use personal computer. On occasion may be asked to lift up to 25 pounds.
To apply online, click here
For more information, click here