- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
McCann Adams Studio
Friday, January 18, 2019
Location: Austin, TX
Urban Design Project Manager
McCann Adams Studio seeks to hire an Urban Designer/Project Manager whose principal responsibility and place of work will be within the Corridor Program Office at the City of Austin. This Project Manager will participate in a cross-functional team with other City staff and outside consultants to help implement the designs for nine, multi-modal streets within Austin, as proposed in the successful, transportation bond election, now defined as the “2016 Mobility Bond Program”.
This Project Manager position will assist in implementing the recently-developed, Corridor Design Standards and Details; the Property Access Management Strategies; and certain Placemaking Strategies for each of the nine corridors. This individual will help to ensure that each corridor attains a high-quality level of urban design reflecting national best practices in multi-modal transportation and complete streets. In addition, corridor improvements should bring positive results to the surrounding neighborhoods and to the general public, in creating safer streets and enjoyable spaces, while bringing nature into the city.
- Degree in Architecture or Landscape Architecture, with a focus on Urban Design.
- Demonstrated experience working on urban design, streetscape, land use and transportation issues.
- Experience working with property and business owners on right-of-way acquisitions, easements, license agreements and right-of-way access changes, such as driveway modifications.
- Ability to develop meaningful collaborations and partnerships with diverse stakeholders - who may hold opposing views of success - to deliver successful capital projects.
- Ability to develop innovative design approaches and executing work, assisting with quality control, and coordinating among technical disciplines.
- Ability to lead and manage multi-disciplinary groups in the day-to-day management of technical, project tasks.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience, with a minimum of three of those years in Project Management on “design-through-construction” projects.
- Mastery in AutoCAD.
Please submit a resume and work examples via email to
Jana McCann, FAIA (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
Jim Adams, AIA LEED AP (email@example.com) at
McCann Adams Studio, www.mccannadamsstudio.com