- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
City of College Station
Sunday, January 14, 2018
Location: College Station, TX
The City of College Station, Home of Texas A&M University, is currently recruiting for a Staff Planner position. Under the general supervision of the Planning Administrator, the position will manage planning & development projects, which includes research, analysis, preparing plans, reports, studies and presentation of data.
- Conduct technical reviews of development proposals. Interact with applicants, design professionals, City staff, and general public. Conduct inspections, prepare staff reports, and make formal presentations to City Council, City Boards, and Commissions.
- Prepare special reports and projects for the Planning and Zoning Commission and/or City Council as directed. Present reports and information to boards and commissions.
- Assist in the study design, data collection and analysis, public meeting facilitation, development, and implementation of long-range planning projects.
- Create ordinance amendments as directed.
- Assist internal and external customers by providing information concerning city planning, growth, and development trends.
- Participate in a regular rotation of "Planner On Call." Assist in promoting and participating in public education and awareness of urban planning.
- Assist in training of coworkers.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor's Degree in urban planning, urban design, architecture, or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Proven written and oral communication abilities. Ability to comprehend and apply multiple ordinances and policies. Ability to exercise good judgment, tact, and diplomacy in all public interactions.
Preferred: Masters degree in urban planning or a related field. One or more years of work experience in urban planning or a related field and/or civil service. Knowledge of principles and practices of city planning as they pertain to urban development and zoning, and demonstrated experience in applying these principles and practices. AICP designation.
Apply online at: http://www.cstx.gov/. First round reviews will be the week of January 2nd, 2018.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application submittal.
Optional: A portfolio of work of no more than 15 pages.
Hiring Range: $47,739 - $59,603 Annually
Full Salary Range: $47,739 - $71,587 Annually