- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
City of College Station
Sunday, January 14, 2018
Location: College Station, TX
The City of College Station, Home of Texas A&M University, is currently recruiting for a Senior Planner position. Under the general supervision of the Planning Administrator, the position will manage planning & development projects, which includes research, analysis, preparing plans, reports, studies and presentation of data.
- Conduct technical reviews of development proposals. Interact with applicants, design professionals, City staff, and general public. Conduct inspections, prepare staff reports, and make formal presentations to City Council, City Boards, and Commissions.
- Prepare special reports and projects for the Planning and Zoning Commission and/or City Council as directed. Present reports and information to boards and commissions.
- Assist in the study design, data collection and analysis, public meeting facilitation, development, and implementation of long-range planning projects.
- Create ordinance amendments as directed.
- Assist internal and external customers by providing information concerning city planning, growth, and development trends.
- Participate in a regular rotation of "Planner On Call." Assist in promoting and participating in public education and awareness of urban planning.
- Assume a leadership role in training of coworkers, serving as a mentor to staff planning and supervising intern as directed.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Required: Masters Degree in urban planning, urban design, architecture, land & property development, or related field and (3) three years successful experience in planning or a planning related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. AICP designation or the ability to obtain AICP designation within 18 months. Knowledge of principles and practices of city planning as they pertain to urban development and zoning, and demonstrated experience in applying these principles and practices. Ability to comprehend and apply multiple ordinances and policies. Ability to exercise good judgment, tact, and diplomacy in all public interactions. Proven written and oral communication abilities.
Preferred: One (1) or more years of supervisory experience. Knowledge and experience in long-range planning as well as development review.
Apply online at: http://www.cstx.gov/. First round reviews will be the week of January 2nd, 2018.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application submittal.
Optional: A portfolio of work of no more than 15 pages.
Hiring Range: $54,647 - $68,308 Annually
Full Salary Range: $54,647 - $81,970 Annually