- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
Congress Program Intern
Organization: The Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) helps create vibrant and walkable cities, towns, and neighborhoods where people have diverse choices for how they live, work, shop, and get around. People want to live in well-designed places that are unique and authentic. CNU's mission is to help build those places.
Summary:The Congress Program Intern is responsible for tracking details related to CNU’s annual Congress. This person reports to the Program Manager of CNU.
Assist with Annual Congress Planning
- Assist with tracking of the “Call for Ideas” request for annual Congress.
- Assist with follow up to all session idea entries.
- Data entry and management of both the CNU Congress Program and Speaker Databases.
- Draft correspondence to speakers and attendees regarding program content and logistics.
- Manage email accounts: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply for conference credits at the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and American Planning Association (APA).
- Research additional continuing education opportunities if necessary.
- Draft CNU news items and blogs.
- Keep CNU website up-to-date with new speaker and session information.
- Assist CNU Program Manager is special projects related to the Congress (e.g. workshops, special event promotion, etc)
- Support CNU Projects (ex. Project for Transportation Reform, Designing Walkable Urban Thoroughfares, Sprawl Retrofit, etc.).
- Help maintain CNU’s website by updating webpages as well as developing new content.
- Assist Program Manager with end-of-year campaigns, focused on CNU Project work.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned at the discretion of CNU.
- Knowledge or interest in urban planning and design, New Urbanism.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint software in Mac OS environment. Knowledge of basic web design, HTML, and CSS preferred. Experience using Drupal 7 desired.
- Ability to prepare reports, correspondence, presentations and other documents.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn independently, take initiative, and work with limited supervision.
- Professional demeanor and an orientation towards customer service.
CompensationInternships are unfunded, but may count for school credit in some instances.
To Apply:Please email the following to email@example.com 1) cover letter describing applicant’s goals and interests; 2) resume; 3) two references/recommendations (academic or work-related); and 4) two short (1-2 page) journalistic writing samples. All requested documents must be emailed to Abby to ensure eligibility.
Monday, October 31, 2016