- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
The CNU 27.Louisville Call for Session Proposals is open September 1 - October 15, 2018. To submit a proposal, please follow the link below and complete the Google Form. You will receive a confirmation email once your proposal is submitted.
CNU’s annual Congress offers an opportunity for attendees to explore, engage, collaborate, and debate. Regardless of whether an attendee is coming for the first or 27th time, CNU seeks to offer programming for all attendees. A major part of the program are formal sessions. CNU is looking for session proposals on development, codes, housing, architecture and design, climate and environment, transportation and mobility, suburban retrofit, implementing New Urbanism with local governments, art, and tactical urbanism.
Additionally, CNU National and the Local Host Committee have identified the following three themes for CNU 27.Louisville:
- Suburban - Urban connection- exploring the false promise of an either/or choice.
- Best practices and innovations in greenways and open space.
- Exploring the interconnections between urbanism and the compassionate city.
It is our hope that these themes will be explored through sessions, plenary speakers, tours, and other conversations during the Congress. Proposal submitters are not required to touch on these themes, but are welcome to integrate them into their submissions.
Session proposals will be reviewed and ranked by track leaders, who will consider the following:
- Relevance to New Urbanism
- Strength of Content - Does the proposed session present a new topic or an innovative perspective on an old topic?
- Diversity of Speakers - Session proposals should not only include diversity in race, gender, age, and discipline, but should also consider a mix of new and regularly participating CNU voices.
- Completeness of the Proposal - Is the session proposal filled out in full?
Questions about how CNU pulls together the annual Congress program? Check out this article on Public Square.
Unsure what the deadline is for proposing a session for Open Innovations or requesting a book signing at CNU 27.Louisville? Visit our Important Dates page.
Still have questions? Contact CNU at email@example.com