- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Get Involved
- Public Square
1. Who is eligible to run for a CNU board seat?
2. How many seats are open?
3. What are the term limits of a member-elected Board member?
4. How many times can I run for the CNU board?
5. What is expected of a member-elected Board member? 6. What are the general criteria for board members?
7. When is the application deadline?
8. How do I submit my application?
9. How do I know if my application was received?
10. When does voting start/end?
11. Who is eligible to vote?
12. How can I vote?
13. Can I vote more than once?
14. When will the results be announced?
15. What is required in the application?
16. What are the parameters of the headshot requirement?
17. Why is a headshot required?
18. Why are there three (3) letters of recommendation required?
19. Why am I asked to agree to CNU's Conflict of Interest Policy, Board Member Responsibilities, and CNU Charter Principles?
All current CNU members are eligible to apply for an open seat on the CNU Board of Directors. Eligible candidates will not have served more than two (2) consecutive terms and will comply with all application requirements.
CNU will fill one (1) seats by member election in 2019. The process will repeat itself without delay, unless altered by the CNU Board of Directors.
Member-elected board members will serve three (3) year terms, with a maximum of two (2) consecutive terms.
CNU members are eligible to run for the CNU board as many times as they want, assuming they have not served two (2) consecutive terms.
Member-elected Board members will have full voting rights and be held to the same expectations as internally selected candidates.
- A understanding of the roles, responsibilities, and commitment required of CNU Board members, including time and fundraising required, expenses, and other official duties,
- Knowledge of CNU and New Urbanism, past and present, including participation in CNU as a member,
- Meets at least one of CNU’s diversity goals – gender, race/ethnicity, generation, and profession, and geographic location,
- Represents an opportunity to develop stronger partnerships with target organization through personal/professional networks and client bases,
- Fills a clearly identified role for the board and organization, and
- Proven leadership, including previous board experience.
The application deadline is Friday, February 15, 2019, 5pm Eastern.
Applications may be submitted electronically to email@example.com
CNU will email a confirmation after your application has been received.
Members are able to vote online between March 15 and June 14, 2019. In-person voting will also be available at the member meeting at CNU 27.Louisville between June 12 - June 14, 2019.
Current CNU members are eligible to vote in the member elections for the CNU board of directors.
Your vote may be cast online at CNU.org or in-person at the member meeting at CNU 27.Louisville.
Each member may cast 1 vote.
Results of the member-elected Board seat will be announced on Saturday, June 15, 2019.
Completed applications will include:
- A completed applicant questionnaire in Word format
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (letters should incorporate specific examples of leadership and be limited to one-page each)
- A headshot (300 dpi minimum)
Headshots must be a minimum 300 dpi (.jpg preferred).
CNU intends to post each applicants headshot and parts of his/her application on the CNU website to inform members about, and put a face to, each of the candidates.
CNU requests 3 letters of recommendation to represent the candidate’s expertise and experience in the field of New Urbanism, provide examples of their work ethic and accomplishments, and demonstrate their ability to work together in collaborative groups. Letters of recommendation or excerpts from these letters may be included on a candidate’s page on CNU.org.
CNU requires all Board members to agree to CNU’s Conflict of Interest Policy, Board Member Responsibilities, and CNU Charter Principles. In order to be considered an eligible candidate, applicants are asked to take the same pledge as all other Board members.