Support CNU Initiatives: Become a Partner
The Congress for the New Urbanism views disinvestment in central cities, the spread of placeless sprawl, increasing separation by race and income, environmental deterioration, loss of agricultural lands and wilderness, and the erosion of society’s built heritage as one interrelated community-building challenge. Initiative partners engage with thought leaders to deconstruct and reform these practices.
Initiative Partners expand CNU's capacity to serve members and the public as well as disseminate new urbanist principles, tools, and techniques. But we need your help to continue working toward the new urbanist vision described by our Charter. Contribute to our movement today by supporting CNU Initiatives as a Partner.
Why Partner with CNU Initiatives?
CNU Initiative Partners provide essential support to help CNU and its members apply Charter principles to create walkable, mixed-use and sustainable communities. Partners gain exclusive access and engagement with CNU's initiatives and thought leaders. Benefits include:
CNU works with Partners to create a mutually rewarding giving experience. Contact Caitlin Ghoshal at email@example.com or (312) 551-7300 X 17 to learn more how initiative partnership could benefit your organization.
Initiative Partner Levels
Learn More About Initiatives
Overview of CNU Initiatives and Education
For over twenty years, the collected works of CNU members have reset professional practice standards. New Urbanists address unintended outcomes of standards, codes, methods and “mis-education” that shape inefficient and unsustainable places.
- Provided design guidelines and training for the US Department of Housing and Urban Development in implementing Hope VI,
- Collaborated with the US Environmental Protection Agency on Smart Growth,
- Produced Designing Walkable Urban Thoroughfares, a recommended practice for local communities to apply context-sensitive solutions to street design, with the Institute of Transportation Engineers and the Federal Highway Administration,
- Created LEED for Neighborhood Development (LEED-ND) in collaboration with the US Green Building Council and Natural Resources Defense Council, the nation's first rating system for green neighborhoods, and,
- Served as the source for the Sustainable Communities partnership of the HUD, EPA and the US Department of Transportation.
Become a Partner Today
Donate by Mail or PhoneIf you prefer to mail your donation, please send a check payable to Congress for the New Urbanism with "donation" in the memo line to:
CNU 140 S. Dearborn St., Suite 404 Chicago, IL 60603If you would like to make a credit card donation by phone, please call 312.551.7300 x17.
Stock DonationsCNU can also accept stock gifts. Please contact Caitlin Ghoshal (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the stock name and the number of shares you plan to give and to receive directions on making the stock transfer.
Join CNU as a Member
If you are not a member, join CNU to stay up-to-date on the latest advances in New Urbanism and become actively engaged in helping us achieve our mission.