Mid/Senior level Professional (Planner, Designer, or Landscape Architect)
Alta Planning + Design is California’s premier bicycle, pedestrian, greenway and multi-modal transportation planning and design firm. To meet our growing workload, Alta has immediate openings for experienced Project Managers in our Berkeley, Los Angeles, and San Diego offices. Candidates should have 5+ years of proven project management experience, strong leadership skills, and a desire to work in a fast-paced consulting environment on some of the most cutting-edge bicycle, pedestrian, safe routes to school, andcomplete streets projects in California.
The selected professionals will join our team of senior project management staff leading projects throughout California. Candidates should have strong management (budgets, schedules, contracts, staff management), marketing (leading proposals and interviews), writing, analytical, and presentation skills. Travel within California is a must, along with passion for our field and mission. Duties will include workload management, mentoring staff, maintaining client relationships, professional report writing, transportation research and analysis, fieldwork, creation of maps and graphic diagrams, and conducting public workshops and outreach programs.
To apply: Please send your cover letter, resume, and professional writing samples and/or portfolio to:
firstname.lastname@example.org . Indicate which office location(s) you are applying for.
Position(s) open until filled. No calls please. Applications can also be mailed to:
Alta Planning & Design
Attn: Human Resources
711 SE Grand Ave.
Portland, OR 97214
• Minimum 5 years of project management experience in planning, engineering, and/or landscape architecture; consulting experience preferred
• Bachelor degree required; Master degree in Urban Planning or related field preferred
• Excellent leadership skills – experienced manager of people, projects, and plans
• Proven marketing experience
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and fun work environment
• Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills