Implementation Strategies for Transit-Oriented Development
Though the real estate market in the US has come to a virtual standstill, one market that remains viable is Transit-Oriented Development. In fact, evidence is emerging that housing and mixed-use development within walking distance of high quality transit service has retained its value during the downturn and is expected to remain solid. Whether you call it "walkable urbanism" or TOD, the diversity, flexibility, affordablity and location efficiency of these places is likely to help them remain attractive and priority locations for public investment. Come hear from the nation's leading TOD implentors about cutting edge research and techniques for linking transit and development, including presentations on market analysis, value creation and value capture, working with transit agencies, structuring public-private partnerships and building great places.
- Shelley Poticha, Executive Director, Center for Transit-Oriented Development, Reconnecting America
- Art Lomenick, Managing Director, Trammell Crow
- Will Fleissig, Principal and Director of Development, Urban Villages, Inc.
- GB Arrington, Principal Practice Leader, Vice President, PB PlaceMaking
- Nadine Fogarty, Principal, Strategic Economics
- Catherine Cox Blair , Program Director, Reconnecting America
Reconnecting America has the presentations by Art Lomenick, GB Arrington, Nadine Fogarty, Shelley Poticha, and Catherine Cox Blair set to audio on their website.
Slideshow by GB Arrington: