Comprehensive New Urbanism for Comprehensive Plans
Explore the application of the Charter and the Canons of Sustainable Architecture and Urbanism to city-level comprehensive plans, as leaders from design, planning, transportation and economics illustrate how comprehensive plans can elevate the importance of character and quality of place while pursuing goals for sustainability. Topics include mapping of the form and character of the community with the transect, strategies for moving commute trips onto transit, meaningful economic analysis, visioning techniques, and setting the stage for coding and implementation. The session will include panel presentations and in-depth discussion in breakout groups. This is an opportunity to learn about techniques in use, consider ideas that are still evolving, and voice your own perspective on how best to put the Charter Principles and the Canons to work as we plan cities and towns.
- Gianni Longo, President, ACP Visioning & Planning
- Alan Loomis, Prinicpal Urban Desinger, City of Glendale
- Abigail Thorne-Lyman, Principal, Strategic Economics
- Matt Raimi, Principal, Raimi + Associates, Inc.
- Jennifer Carlat, Community Plans Manager, Metro Nashville/Davidson County Planning Department
Slideshow by Gianni Longo:
Slideshow by Alan Loomis:
Slideshow by Abigail Thorne-Lyman:
Slideshow by Jennifer Carlat:
Slideshow by Tony Perez: