Feature...Project for Transportation Reform
GETTING STARTED WITH THE MANUAL
CNU adopts a context-sensitive approach to urban communities by incorporating walkable, context-sensitive streets, urban routes that emphasize a communities needs for safety, livability and mobility as a top priority alongside the traditional focus on improving speed and service for vehicles.
Click here to read our introductory brochure.
For a glossary of field-specific terms related to street design, click here.
Our fact sheets provide background information about our design framework, controls and uses. Click below to learn more about specific manual topics:
- Manual Overview
- A Framework for CSS in Urban Thoroughfare Design
- Design Controls in Context-Sensitive Solutions
- Using Context Zones for Thoroughfare Types in Design
- Designing Boulevards and Avenues in Highly Urban Mixed-Use Areas
- Designing Residential Avenues
- Main Street Design
- Creating Livable Streets
- Designing Safe Urban Thoroughfares