STAR WEBINAR: Where Health & Sustainability Meet
From air quality to climate change to violence prevention, local government planners and public health professionals share the same goal of improving the quality of life for all people, now and in the future. Yet they often talk past one another or fail to leverage each other’s resources and strengths even as they advocate the same strategies.
This webinar will explore how the STAR Community Rating System (http://www.starcommunities.org/rating-system) is helping sustainability and health professionals collaborate at the local level to advance health outcomes and community wellness. Presenters include:
- John Balbus, Senior Advisor for Public Health, National Institutes of Health
- Vickie Boothe, Lead, Population Health Metrics Team, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Eric Faisst, Public Health Director, Madison County, NY
- Evonda Thomas-Smith, Health Department Director, and Catherine Hurley, Sustainable Programs Director, City of Evanston, IL
- Moderated by Andrea Peet, STAR Communities