New Urbanists at Greenbuild 2006, Nov. 15-17, 2006 in Denver
Green building has become a major force in building and construction. It's fast becoming recognized as a vital strategy for capitalizing on the inherent environmental benefits of good urbanism.
The Greenbuild International Conference & Expo brings the industry together under one roof. Three days of extensive educational programming, workshops, a vast exhibition floor and networking events give you opportunities to learn about the latest innovations, exchange ideas and develop new business relationships.
Learn about the leading edge of the building and construction industry, including the latest updates and expansions of the LEED Green Building Rating System.
If you're going to GreenBuild 2006 in Denver, read on about how to connect with other New Urbanists while you're there.
1. Greet other CNU members at a reception sponsored by the CNU Mountain West Chapter Organizing Committee on Thursday, Nov. 16, 5:30PM - 6:30PM at the Martini Ranch, 1317 14th Street in Denver. Cash bar.
2. Help spread the word about New Urbanism by volunteering at CNU's exhibit hall booth. Volunteers are needed from 10AM - 10:30AM and 12PM - 3:30PM both Wednesday and Thursday. Contact Payton Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org to help out. If you're in the Denver area but haven't registered yet, we'll give you a free Expo admission pass.
3. Take note of these sessions and events featuring New Urbanists:
:: Tuesday, Nov. 14
USGBC Member Day: LEED-ND Update (4PM - 5:30PM)
Visit CNU in the Exhibit Hall (5:30PM - 8 PM)
:: Wednesday, Nov. 15
Special Presentation: Herbert Dreiseitl (10:30AM - noon)
208. Tools for Designing Green Communities (3:30PM - 5PM)
308. "Resorting" to Green (8AM - 9:30AM)
Visit CNU in the Exhibit Hall (10AM - 6PM)
:: Thursday, Nov. 16
404. Big Opportunities Yield Big Assets (10:30AM - noon)
409. Approaching Zero (10:30AM - noon)
410. What's Next? (10:30AM - noon)
Master Speaker: Tom Hoyt & McStain Neighborhoods (10:30AM - noon)
508. Green Communities (3:30PM - 5PM)
Master Speaker: Peter Calthorpe (3:30PM - 5PM)
Visit CNU in the Exhibit Hall (9:30AM - 6PM)
CNU Mountain West reception (5:30PM - 6:30PM, see above)
:: Friday, Nov. 17
603. Greenprint Denver (8PM - 9:30PM)
610. The Noisette Community (8PM - 9:30PM)
Tour 3. Neighborhood Developments (1PM - 5PM)
:: Saturday, Nov. 18
Post-Conference Seminar: New Urbanism 101 (9AM - noon)
Tour 7. LEED in Boulder (8AM - 5PM)
Tour 9. LoDo Walking Tour (8AM - 5PM)